[Episode Contains Adult Language and Discussion of Adult Topics]
In this holiday bonus episode, we torture cohost Sean Gallagher by forcing him to watch the pilot episode of Dawson’s Creek. Our panel of casual watchers to revisits the pilot episode of this iconic Wilmington based production and give our cheeky analysis on this Creeky topic.
Dawson’s Creek: Season 1 Episode 1
- Introducing the panel
Talkin’ Dawson’s Creek
- Initial impressions
- It was a fairly explicit show
- Dawson, Joey, and the rest
- How to Clarissa Explains It All into a bedroom window
- “Walking your dog”
- James Van Der Blank
- Trouble with the theme song in streaming
- The Dawson crying meme
- Six seasons, 128 episodes
- Looking at the drinking game rules
- The location of Dawson’s house
- The first season was written by Scream screenwriter Kevin Williamson
Dawson’s Creek Trivia Quiz
- The grand prize is a subscription to our Secret After Hours Club
- The consolation prize is tickets to Hamilton on Broadway
- How to find Midmost Coast
- Next history episode topic ideas
Television classic WKRP in Cincinnati is perhaps the most notable example of music licensing changing the shape of a show post-broadcast. Its depiction of popular music was integral to the soul of the show, and was stripped out in syndication due to licensing issues and replaced with soundalikes. But don’t worry a revamped DVD release, restoring the original music, went on sale in 2014, reports Entertainment Weekly.
The Hell’s Kitchen bar depicted in the show, much like Pinocchio, came to life and is a real restaurant-bar based off the shooting location in downtown Wilmington.